Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lady Catherine's Insults

Today has brought in shocking events. Lady Catherine came unexpectedly to house, and her visit was not welcoming. I took her on a walk, and she accused me of being engaged to her nephew ,and when I denied, she made me promise not to marry him. I was in shock. For her to visit unexpectedly, insult my mother and my home, and then insult me in every form was inexcusable. As much as I would have liked to yell at her, I kept my voice down; however, I refused to give into any threat she threw at me. I kept this all from my family when she left. One thing that worries me though is that Lady Catherine will certainly speak to Darcy and try to persuade him. Unlike me, I feel he will obey her because his reputation may be far greater than myself.

1 comment:

  1. Fear not! Lady Catherine will obviously convince Darcy to break off his engagement to you. HE belongs with Miss de Borough. They would be the best couple.

    ReplyDelete